Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 13, 2015

Well, this week was pretty good.
We were able to baptize someone on Saturday.  The ward came out to show support, which was awesome.  My old companion came back to perform the baptism, so it was nice to see him again.
My new companion is Elder Rasmussen. He's pretty cool. He likes the superhero stuff but doesn't have a favorite. He also likes to talk about James Bond. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that he *only* talked about James Bond yesterday.
Ogden is pretty neat, especially the inner-city part. We were tracting one afternoon and we ran in to this 70 year old RM. He looked like Santa Claus, except he had his shirt off, so it made things kind of funny. I'm only telling you this because he seriously talked to us for about 45 minutes. He even said, "ok, I better let you boys go", and then he'd talk to is some more. It was pretty funny. Inner Ogden always brings new experiences. The people here are... neat? Some parts are more ghetto than others.

Earlier this week, we were asked to give talks in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. It was so much like my first Sunday here... we had a confirmation and had to give talks on the same Sunday. As missionaries, you don't have a ton of time to work in your talks. So I was able to confirm the person we had baptized and then go give a talk in another ward.
I had a talk picked out and had it open in a tab on my iPad. But then I realized I needed to pull up the confirmation prayer, and I unknowingly opened it in the same tab and lost my talk. I didn't realize it until I had to give the talk, so I basically winged it for 10 minutes about goals.

Note to self: Don't listen to the missionaries who tell you to get a haircut and tell the barber to "work their magic". It ends up not good.

Anyways, have a great week everybody and talk to the missionaries at least once. Missionaries are pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home