Friday, November 21, 2014

Week 2 @ MTC

So this weekend, my companion and I got an investigator named Lee. But really, he's played by one of our teachers, so it's kind of weird. I also got a whopping 2 packages from Crystal IN THE SAME DAY!! Seriously, getting stuff in the mail is sooooo nice since I can't talk to anyone on a daily basis.  Here at the MTC, all the days seem to mesh together since we don't have any contact to the outside world. So I'm really excited to get out in to the field.

On Monday, my companion and I got a new investigator named Brandon. We didn't teach him anything on Monday because we only had 15 minutes and I'm not that good of a missionary... yet... to teach a lesson in 15 minutes!

Tuesday we did a service project where I had to clean the counter tops and sinks in the bathrooms, which wasn't that bad.  After that, I had to clean the stairs, which was awful! It felt like people purposely spilled their drinks.

Wednesday, we taught Brandon again, but this time we had a bit longer.  It felt like he was very receptive, though, which made it tough and a bit awkward.  However earlier in the day, we had a great lesson with Lee, so overall, Wednesday was a humbling experience.  I was upset later because I wasn't very active in the lessons, so I decided to actually "feast upon the words of Christ" by diving in to the book, "Jesus, the Christ".  So that made me feel better.

On Thursday, we didn't teach Brandon because he cancelled, so my companion wrote him a nice note, but I signed it, so I guess you could say that I wrote it, too. haha

I got two letters from Crystal this week, which both made me cry again...
Seriously.  Who knew a girl could make me cry like this? It's like she's "The Worst" for me or something.  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home